Built in 1899 and located on the "quiet" side of Loch Ness, this hotel has fishing rights on two local lochs. Inside, the attractive pitch pine paneled bar, with a welcoming wood-burning stove, has an alcove with a pool table and a separate area used for dining. The traditional pub food is home cooked. One or two ales are stocked, usually from Cairngorm and Cromarty. The hotel has a green tourism policy.