Get Involved in the Branch
Our Branch does our bit for the Campaign in the following key ways:
- Publication of the What’s Yours Then? magazine which is distributed freely to real ale pubs in our branch area four times a year,
- Organising social events and trips to real ale pubs and breweries throughout the branch area. We also have an annual gathering for a Christmas ‘walkabout’ in Inverness,
- Providing feedback on local real ale pubs by using the CAMRA National Beer Scoring System (NBSS) to rate the beer at www.WhatPub.com,
- Providing free ‘Tasting Courses’ to enable members to get a better understanding and appreciation of real ale and how it is made,
- Selecting real ale pubs within the branch area for CAMRA's annual “Good Beer Guide” publication. Details here 'Good Beer Guide' Selection,
- Coordinating awards for our local Publicans and Brewers - Pubs of the Year and Beer of the Year.
How you can get more involved
Although we have nearly 250 members in our Branch due to the massive geographical spread of our Branch area, and with its associated travel logistics, we usually only see a handful of local members at CAMRA functions and events in our area. We regularly organise outings to the more remote parts of the Branch area so that you can meet up on your own patch (in your local pub or at a nearby brewery) with members from elsewhere. Wherever possible on minibus outings we will try and pick you up and drop you off along the way - you don't necessarily need to travel to the Inverness pick-up point to join in.
Whether you are a long-established member or have just joined CAMRA we would love to see more of you at our branch socials, trips, and meetings - ALL are welcome - just turn up and join in!
We are a friendly group and you will be made to feel very welcome!
Please check out the Branch Diary for dates/times/venues and make a point of coming along. Don’t put it off any longer!
Please vote for Pubs of the Year and Beer of the Year (details in Branch Magazine "What's Yours Then?")