Kings Highway72-74 Church Street
Known in old charters as The King's Highway to the North, Church Street was first referred to by that name in 1240. In Pevsner's guide, the site, at numbers 72-74, was built on about 1840. In 1860, the building was the Northern Hotel, and it became the Queen's Hotel in the 1880s/1890s. It acquired its present name - Cummings Hotel - from the family which owned it in the first half of the 20th century.
As of 15 Oct 2001, now a Wetherspoon pub with a 27-room lodge attached. All rooms have been refurbished during the summer of 2013 as part of a £400,000 makeover which also has included new carpets throughout.
The vast single-roomed bar is broken up by several pillars and plenty of comfortable seating in alcoves. Up to 10 handpumps serve the regular ales alongside a good mix of guests, including beers from Houston, Cairngorm and An Teallach.
Food is standard Wetherspoon, with breakfasts served from 7am (8am weekends). Customers are the typical eclectic mix and the pub gets busy at weekends.